This page contains the current Satellite Based Commissioning (SBC) Files and related links and information for the HughesNet Satellite Internet Systems!
The HughesNet SBC Files contain up-to-date satellite frequencies and parameters required for commissioning HughesNet Satellite Internet Systems and bringing them online! You should update the SBC file in your modem to the latest version prior to attempting the registration/commissioning process! If your modem has been powered down or offline for several weeks or months, it’s possible you will need to install the new SBC file and re-run through registration/commissioning process to get back online!
This process should only be attempted by certified installers or as directed by a certified installer. We have posted instructions for this process in our Knowledgebase and also at the bottom of this page! Contact us for more information!
NOTE: You may need a “zip” program such as WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRar or equivalent in order to open the archived files below after downloading!
Zip features are typically included in MS Windows XP,7,8, and 10 Operating Systems!
HughesNet SBC File downloads:
Archived versions: requires WinZip, WinRar or other zip archive program to unzip! Zip features are typically included in MS Windows XP,7,8, and 10 Operating Systems!
- HughesNet HT2000W SBC File: 20210517 – sbc_nadwbj2j1v6m_nad_wb (posted 5/17/21) (The modem will need the .bin file in this zip!)
- HughesNet HT2000W SBC File: sbc_nadwbj2j1v6m_nad_wb (posted 3/25/20) (The modem will need the .bin file in this zip!)
- HughesNet HT2000W SBC File for use only in the extended beam areas around St. Croix in USVI: nadwbj2j1v6m (released 3/24/18)
If you require additional assistance with the SBC file update process, please contact us!
How to update the SBC file in HughesNet HT2000W Systems:
- Once the modem is connected to your computer via a wired or wireless connection and powered up, open your browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) and enter http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar and click enter! Do not enter it into a SEARCH box or it WILL NOT work, you MUST enter that address in the address bar of your browser window.
- At the top of the page to the right of the Language Selection Drop-down box, click on the somewhat hidden “i” icon to the right of the Language selection box on top of that page to get to the “Advanced” page in the modem.
- Next, in the left column menu, select “Installation” and then “Advanced” and then “Upload SBC Config”
- Browse to where you saved the extracted files from the downloaded SBC file and select the .bin file and continue!
- You should get a confirmation box that pops up and confirms a successful installation! If you get green check marks, you should be good to go!
- You can now go back to the System Status page at http://192.168.0.1
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions!